Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tea anyone?...


I attended the "Tea Party" march in Washington D.C. yesterday with many other people and instead of walking in the parade the entire route we elected to watch from the starting point corner of 9th and Pennsylvania...
.
It took two hours and nine minutes for all of those in the actual parade line to paas this starting point and at the vast majority of the time the crowd was as deep and thick as the above photo. At Pennsylvania avenue where I was the street is five traffic lanes and it was not possible to see the other side of the street most of the time...
.
Several things I noticed during this parade in the nations capital regarding several "Hot Issues" involving the Citizens and the government of the United States...
.
A wide range in the age groups of those walking in the parade...
.
A diverse cross section of socio-economic groups from all over the United States...
.
Loud applause and slogans at times but no disruptive behavoir at all...
.
Approximate 8-10 Police motorcycles and Police cars leading the parade and followed up by four Police cars at the end of the parade. Other than that I only saw 5 to 6 Officers on the street or walking by...
.
There were no Police lines or any apparant Police presence along the route or in the Mall that I saw. There was no SWAT or Riot teams walking the route looking for the "Angry Mobs" that have been associated with the "Tea Partys" by many in the press, media, Democratic party representatives, and local wing-nuts...
.
No fights. No arguments.
.
Very little media on the streets. In the 2 hour plus stay at the corner I only saw 2 T.V. News reporters with a cameraman, and one possible News copter flying overhead...
.
Very little trash and in fact several times I saw people picking up small trash dropped by thousands of people walking along the parade route...
.
I saw several people I have not seen in years and did not know that they were going to attend this event. I spoke to people from all over the United States and this is a very strong movement and not one that is going away...
.
I saw No Union representation as I have heard that has been happening at many of the Town-Hall meetings and other Tea Party events...
.
I saw many, many signs along the parade route and found many of them very good at getting the authors point across... Several of this signs will be posted here over time instead of all at once...


I observed this young girl walking in the parade and in fact she is in the above photo of the large crowd. I saw this theme used several times by different people in the parade but it highlights the main issue that many are talking about. Massive increases in spending by the government at the same time with plans to hinder economic growth by allowing tax increases and restrictive business policies...

No comments: