Friday, April 24, 2009

"Hite Hollow" Augusta Springs Fire...

.

I was headed out to the shooting range in Augusta Springs located in the area "Hite Hollow" at which time we came along units from the Dept of Forestry and local fire fighting units headed the same way...




Upon arrival to the "Rifle Range" we found the above units fighting a brush fire on the hill behind the range. Estimated the wind at 5 to 10 knts at times resulting in several flare-ups and increased activity. Rifle and Pistol ranges were closed due to the activity of fighting the fire but we were allowed to watch the fire fighting efforts...




After stopping in Craigsville to observe some of the local color there we noted the use of at least one helicoptor dropping water on the active "Hot-Spots"...










1 comment:

John Doe said...

I have been by there on my way to the Homestead (I didn't pay for it, my employer at the time did). And I used to go up hunting between McDowell and Monterey on Rt 250. You truly live in God's Country.