Sunday, June 27, 2010

Key West 2010...


Just returned from a week in the Florida Keys and Key West where I once lived for a bit. First walk down Duval street I found the above resident walking with this sign. I must admit I was surprised with the attitude towards President Obama from this Liberal city and residents...
.
I was also surprised by the attitude in the Keys regarding the Oil spill in the Gulf and with it being a very "Environmental" and sometimes "enviromaniac" attitudes. The working people of the Keys acknowledge the incident and effects in the Gulf but are more interested in preparing for any oil that may come their way and what they can do to attack the problem. I did not see anybody crying for a handout or blasting blame...
.
Good to see old friends and get to sit in with some of those from the scientific community dealing with this impending problem...
.
.
.

1 comment:

Key West Travel Deals said...

Nice blog. Thanks for posting a must read reaffirming what we often lose.



Experts on Key West travel deals